Thursday, April 18, 2013

TJ's gushing...

by Liz



TJ’s as it’s aptly referred to gets to see me about 2-3 times a week.  Each visit is met with extremely friendly staff and a business model that is odd, but works well.  The products work well with my needs and wants.  What is not to love about TJ’s? 

A particular great experience with TJ’s has me recounting it here.  After picking up some mid-week refueling items, I took my half full basket to wait in line.  Waiting in line at TJ’s is never that big of an issue, they call cashiers up quickly if more than two or three people are waiting in line.  I was ushered to a just opened lane by Lorelai.  Yes, I immediately thought of Gilmore Girls too!  Located at the convenient checkout area are some highlighted product.  One of which I remember mulling over in the isles.  I picked up the mango, coconut, chocolate thingy’s and asked Lorelai if she had ever tried these.  She had not had the experience.  Well, no worries I did not need the treat anyways right?  

Next thing I know she takes one of the packages off the shelf, rips it open, and says “Let’s remedy that then.”  Oh, seriously?  I don’t have to buy the $4.00 packet just to see if it is something I like?  It was as easy as that?  We both tried it and as while it was yummy in some sense, I’m glad I did not buy a whole packet.  Now I know…  What excellent customer service.  A small thoughtful act made me all the more gushy about a store that already has me hooked.  As customer’s needs/wants change and businesses aptly adapt, it is great to remember that a little goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment