Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finding a Happy Place


By Liz


This past weekend I was treated to a little nature rejuvenation. Turning last year's day of tubing excursion into a bonafide camping trip and tubing weekend with friends was a prefect call.   By camping near Leavenworth at Upper Johnny Creek, my pals and I were able to have a nice relaxing morning followed by a nice relaxing couple of hours tubing in the Wenatchee River... Then we proceeded to have a equally relaxing night around the campfire.  

All in all, a perfectly lovely weekend away and great quality time with dear ones.  Sunday morning proved or be even more superb as I awoke to move my car so my roommate Kelli could head back into Seattle for work.  After her departure at 6:15am and feeling rested enough with the already rising sun... I opted to make a pot of coffee on the camp stove and read for about an hour.  Then after pouring another cup and enjoying the peaceful nature I decided to go for a walk down to the river.  

The campground just started to see movement with some risers at the 7 o'clock hour.  However, I found it to still be rather serene.   Finding a sweet spot next to the river and sipping my coffee I enabled myself to reset.  Just listening to the river flow over the rocks.  The speed was fast enough to warrant a steady rustle, bumbling sound.   Sitting on a boulder like rock and watching as the sun's casting shadow slowly light up the trees heading up the mountain on the other bank.  I truly was so happy and in peace at that moment.  I now crave to go back and or experience more like it that seem to be hard to come by in the hustle and bustle of city life (that I too love, in a different fashion). 

Here are some pics of me Sunday Morning, truly in one of my 'happy' places!




No comments:

Post a Comment