Thursday, September 27, 2012

MNF

By Jamie


The game was so fun.  The Hawks had 8 sacks the first half (so, OK, no sacks the 2nd half) and the energy was unreal.  I will hand it to Packers fans I have never seen sooooo many “visitors” in the stadium, those CheeseHeads were all over the place.  Woody and I did an excellent job of NOT spending the cash we had on $9 beers.  Towards the end when my dogs are barking and I’m eager to head on home I got the brilliant idea, we’ll take the 15 to Dicks Drive-In and I’ll get 2 cheeseburgers with the cash we had left over.  I was over the moon, I hadn’t had Dicks in probably a year. 
Serious fans.  Not fans of bus rides home!

The game ended with a thrill the stadium was abuzz, out side the stadium Hawks were reveling in an awesome win and we were hoofin’ it to 3rd Ave to hop our bus home.  At one intersection notice a bit of a pile up of busses and lots of Metro employees working with those “trolly lines” (I don’t know what they are really called, but the ones that are hooked up to some what I assume to be electric line).  Busses in both directions blocking any kind of movement.  Hmmm…We trek further and find a spot the 15 picks up at.  I check my One Bus Away, says the 15 should be departing “NOW”.  Hmmm…no bus.  Not a one.  Not even cars.  I’m worried.  I’m tired.  I’m on the verge of cranky.  We keep walking.  Keeping finding out that regardless of what One Bus Away says no friggin’ busses are coming.  By this point we have reached the Pike Place Market.  This is where I decide we need to catch a cab.

That was easy enough, cab pulls over and states “Cash only, card machine broke” (yeah right, I’ve heard that a lot and I think every time it’s a load of bull).  Cash it is.  I watch the meter go up, up, up.  And ever dollar means one less dollar at Dicks until the fare hits $21 and we pay $25 to include tip.  Left with $2 in our pockets it was no Dicks for us. I was no longer on the verge of cranky. 

So the $25 + $3 bus fare for Woody (he didn’t have exact change, so he made a nice $.75 donation to Metro) made our transportation $27, $3 less than super close, super expensive parking.  As we got out of the cab Woody proclaimed, “We’ll never take a bus to a game again” and I must admit I agree.  I could have been in home, in bed, belly full of greasy burger instead of just walking through the door at 10:30pm.

And a couple of side notes 1)Serioulsy One Bus Away?  Why can’t you work other than regular commute times?  Why must Metro pimp it like it is the answer.  It is not the answer if you are commuting outside of the regular work hours.  Though I must say I do rely on it to see the 4:24 bus is running late enough for me to catch it.  But I’m breaking up with One Bus Away outside of that!  2) We did get Dicks, I got my 2 cheeseburgers.  I’m set for another year.  And most importantly 3) GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment